Preparations for this year’s European CEO Conference in London are well underway, and delegates can look forward to an exciting programme of activity and discussion as the main conference theme of Delivering for Society is outlined for a packed two-day event.
Three new speakers have also been added to the conference on 4-5 November. Professor Roger Flanagan from the University of Reading, Bernard Gilliot from the Belgian Federation of Industries, and Rebecca Larkin from the Construction Products Association all bring a wide range of positive expertise and experience to the event.
The keenly-anticipated annual conference, organised by ACE in partnership with EFCA, is a unique C-level event attended by CEOs and senior business executives from across Europe, and combines a hard-hitting business programme with exclusive social and networking opportunities, including the European CEO Dinner being held on the evening of November 4.
Hannah Vickers, chief executive officer from ACE said: “Aimed at exploring the role of the consultancy and engineering industry in creating a NetZero Built Environment, and what the Future of Consultancy this means for businesses, our C-level attendees from across Europe will be hearing from leading experts on key issues facing the industry including macro disruptors and trends, economic and social infrastructure, and infrastructure finance. They will also have the opportunity to discover and discuss the findings of this year’s Benchmarking Report, an analytical summary which provides a comprehensive set on metrics to identify trends across our industry.”
The conference highlights include:
Day One, Monday 4 November:
Aimed at exploring the role of the consultancy and engineering industry in creating a NetZero Built Environment. Delegates will be discussing:
- The volatility of domestic politics across European Countries, looking at Global macro-economic trends and the possibility of a downturn;
- The concept of NetZero, action on climate change and how the Built Environment can move to a Zero Carbon future;
There will be two tailored breakout sessions, and attendees can choose between:
- Economic infrastructure - Transport (Aviation, Road, Rail, & Port);
- Social infrastructure focus - Property, Buildings, Housing & Urban Development;
The selected panels will be invited to discuss some of the key issues impacting the market sector and how they have responded to client’s expectations.
Day Two, Tuesday 5 November:
Focused on the Future of Consultancy and what this means for businesses. Sessions will include:
- ACE Future of Consultancy Strategy and trends and impacts in the consultancy and engineering markets;
- Business models and Contracts – Case studies and procurement. What are the different business models for consultancy in future and how can clients procure for value rather than lowest cost?
- Best Practice Case Studies - Looking at best practice in strategic planning and placemaking, integrated project delivery, and data-led asset performance;
This year’s European CEO Conference takes place at the Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET), 2 Savoy Place, London, WC2R 0BL, on 4-5 November. The Annual European CEO Conference and Dinner are delivered by the Association for Consulting Engineers (ACE), in partnership with EFCA.