WORKING FOR US
Whatever their role, our employees enjoy being part of an organisation that makes a real difference and helps our members to build the social and economic infrastructure which is vital to economic growth.
As well as current vacancies at the Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) you’ll also find roles for ACE’s sister organisation, the Environmental Industries Commission (EIC) listed here. In addition, we will share volunteer roles from across our groups and networks.
We are a Disability Confident Committed Employer.
Are you interested in being the voice of emerging professionals and shaping discussions on the future of our natural and built environment? We seek a passionate, driven, and collaborative-minded emerging professional (up to 10 years of professional experience) to lead an ACE Emerging Professionals regional committee in Midlands.
The role involves leading a committee of Emerging Professionals with the aim to provide a platform for professionals to develop their awareness of industry trends shaping the future of consultancy and the workplace. The Regional Lead is vital in growing the Midlands committee, ensuring that the work of the committee functions effectively and is inclusive. Our Midlands Regional Lead will also work collaboratively with the ACE Midlands Committee to support their priority areas.
Benefits to the Individual:
- Be at the forefront of industry knowledge and identify emerging trends and future opportunities.
- Identify future trends, both business and industry-wide.
- Grow your network internally and externally, with emerging professionals and experienced professionals.
- Put yourself forward as a future leader within your organisation and industry.
- Have opportunities to speak, chair events/debates, and attend conferences.
- Manage a network of like-minded professionals within the industry.
- Grow your skills and ability to lead and influence others.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of working alongside a wide variety of teams.
Benefits to your Business:
- Succession Planning: helps you identify the next generation of leaders for your business.
- Staff are learning whilst enjoying and evolving with minor cost and time to the business.
- Future leaders develop emotional intelligence essential for the success of your business.
- Raises their profile internally and externally, therefore raising your business profile.
- Develop a professional network across a range of disciplines within the industry.
- Opportunity for business leaders to speak at Emerging Professional and ACE events.
Skills, Capabilities & Commitments for the role:
- Leadership – Desire to lead a committee, providing direction and guidance to committee members.
- Interpersonal & Communication – Strong teamwork ethos and a passion for knowledge sharing and public speaking.
- Organisation and Planning - Highly organised and able to juggle multiple demands on resource.
- Embraces Inclusivity - Always seeks to include diversity of thought and lead with impartiality and fairness.
- Committed & Proactive - Ability to ensure issues are taken forward and followed-up, is solution focused.
- Time Commitment - As the new Midlands Regional Lead, it is anticipated that the time commitment is max 1.5-2 hours per week, with ad-hoc opportunities for meetings. It is expected that your weekly time commitment is voluntary. However, we encourage you to discuss the role with your line manager if additional support from your company is available.
How to apply: Please complete the attached questionnaire and return it with your CV to ACE via firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you interested in being the voice of emerging professionals and shaping discussions on the future of our natural and built environment? We seek a passionate, driven, and collaborative-minded emerging professional (up to 10 years of professional experience) to lead the Association of Consultancy’s Emerging Professionals.
This role offers a platform for you to strengthen your leadership skills, influence important decisions, and establish a robust ACE Emerging Professionals community across the UK, while also expanding your professional network.
ACE Emerging Professionals is a group of the Association of Consultancy and Engineering (ACE), aimed at those up to the age of 35 working within in the built and natural environment.
As the emerging professional’s lead representative, you will be working with the people and companies exploring some of the biggest issues of our time: Net Zero; levelling up and creating sustainable communities.
As the business association representing companies large and small in the engineering consultancy sector, we at ACE are a leading voice, positively influencing government, and other stakeholders across the UK.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
This lead position has an important role to play in ensuring that the group functions properly, that there is full participation at meetings, all relevant matters are discussed, and that effective decisions are made and carried out.
More widely, you will become a champion for emerging professionals within ACE’s membership and to the sector.
A significant part of this role is ensuring that the emerging professionals network s operates collaboratively across the UK on value added projects and member-enhancing benefits. The individual will play a key role in influencing ACE’s overall strategy by gaining solid insight and feedback on all that matters for an emerging career.
Through mentoring and coaching your regional team, you will spearhead the development of thought leadership and a programme of events that are in line with members needs and support the overall ACE strategy.
- In conjunction with ACE and other members of the Emerging Professionals network, identify a series of key annual objectives and deliverables
- Proactively lead a recruitment plan to support the regions.
- Represent the Emerging Professionals at external meetings and events, ensuring that member views are sought and that viewpoints represent ACE and its members and not solely the views of the chair.
- Ensure that an effective Terms of Reference is set and kept up to date Plan and run meetings in accordance with the group’s Terms of reference.
- Agree the agenda for each meeting with ACE point of contact, providing input and direction on relevant agenda items to deliver the objectives of the group.
- Act as the champion for social media presence
- Promote and champion inclusion, diversity and equity within the group and industry
- Create and drive a successful group of cultural and professionally diverse Emerging Professional volunteers from within the ACE membership base
- Ensure that the group membership represents a balance of views incorporating a cross-section of ACE membership (ie large and small, different regional locations, different interests)
- Promote active participation in the network and encourage other members to join the group.
- Ensure meetings are constructive, incorporating a balance of views where everyone’s voice is heard in a fully inclusive way.
- Stay abreast of ACE activities, priorities and corporate plan and update the group.
- Promote change and improvement wherever appropriate, in the interests of all members.
- Towards the end of term work with ACE to ensure a suitable succession plan is in place.
PERSON SPECIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Passionate about making positive change and disruption within the industry.
- Ability to coach and develop people.
- Ability to lead a group of volunteers to value driven outcomes.
- Maintain own and others impartiality and objectivity to meetings.
- Have a leadership approach which is objective, inclusive and sensitive to the feelings of members.
- Collaboration style and techniques in abundance
- Seeks to be creative and energised in tasks.
- Has an innate ability to achieve success and accomplish goals as part of a team.
- Willingness to actively contribute to and positively challenge meetings with senior stakeholders.
- Is comfortable presenting to senior industry stakeholders.
- Enjoys planning and has strong attention to detail.
- Is willing to speak at events, webinars and produce interesting and reader friendly documentation.
- Will if required act as a member of the awards judging panel.
- Understand when to ask for support and guidance.
- Natural team player
- Strong interpersonal skills, builds relationships across an organisation and with a range of stakeholders.
- Is comfortable ‘managing up’ with senior stakeholders as well as managing a team.
- Exceptional communication skills, including good written and spoken English.
How to apply: Please complete the attached questionnaire and return it with your CV to ACE via email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 29th September 2023.
The Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) and the Environmental Industries Commission (EIC) (“ACE Group”) memberships comprise companies providing infrastructure solutions to some of the most high-profile topics of our time such as climate change, levelling up, and creating social value for communities. As the leading business association representing companies large and small across the engineering consultancy and environmental sectors, our mission is to advocate, anticipate, and educate on behalf of our members. That means proactively engaging with governments and stakeholders about challenges and opportunities, ensuring our members of all sizes have a voice.
SUMMARY OF ROLE
As the Marketing Manager at ACE, you will play a pivotal role in shaping our marketing strategies and ensuring that our brand remains strong and consistent. Your responsibilities will include tracking and analysing the performance of campaigns, managing the marketing budget, and aligning all marketing materials with our brand identity. Your analytical skills will be required as you examine membership data, generate insightful reports, and conduct regular surveys to measure member satisfaction levels and pinpoint areas for improvement.
Staying ahead of industry trends, regulations, and developments will be a key part of your role, ensuring that our association offers a compelling and high-value proposition that aligns seamlessly with the evolving needs of our members, spanning from small and medium-sized enterprises to large consultancies.
- Plan and execute targeted digital marketing, including SEO, marketing database, email and social media campaigns to budget.
- Manage ACE Group’s social media presence and uphold the values of ACE Group
- Managing a wide range of marketing activities, strategic and hands-on
- Audience and competitor research and value proposition testing
- Develop content focused trackable marketing activities and campaigns.
- Optimise existing marketing pipeline strategies.
- Ensure that the organisation’s brand and identity is adhered to.
- Play a key role in the future development and roll out of the ACE brand.
- Deliver regular reports of campaign results, including web analysis and evaluation of KPIs.
- Collect and use data to inform new campaigns and the evaluation of existing campaigns.
- Represent the association at industry conferences, trade shows, and events to promote membership and engage with potential members.
- Stay informed about industry trends, regulations, and developments to ensure that member services align with the changing needs of the built environment sector.
- Collaborate with the executive team, internal teams, and other stakeholders to establish and manage the departmental budget.
- Work closely with the ACE Communications executive to update and maintain the ACE website and send promotional emails.
- Ability to develop and deliver influential and creative content.
- Experience of delivering effective marketing campaigns from concept through to delivery and evaluation.
- Excellent attention to detail and project management skills
- Strong people skills, builds relationships across all levels of an organisation and with a range of stakeholders and agencies.
- Exceptional communication and copywriting skills
- Ability to proactivity manage workload and meet deadlines.
- Continually seeks to maintain own professional knowledge through a willingness to learn and develop.
- Inquisitive, initiative-taking and a creative-thinker willing to share and develop new ideas.
- Able to juggle and prioritise competing demands and changing direction.
- Minimum of 3 years’ B2B marketing experience.