The Construction Leadership Council has issued an updated version of its Site Operating Procedures, which have been updated to incorporate a number of technical changes as a result of the recently published government guidance on Working Safely during Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Construction & Other Outdoor Work.
The CLC have described the changes in Site Operating Procedures Version 4 as minimal, and they include:
- Removal of the requirement for face to face contact to be kept to 15 minutes or less;
- The section on PPE now links to the latest government guidance on face coverings;
- References to one-way systems and the reconfiguration of seating and tables and an update on portable toilets;
- The requirement to share risk assessments with the workforce;
- Clarification on when to travel to work, as set out in the government’s COVID-19 Recovery Strategy;
- Updated links and wording on social distancing.