The Association for Consultancy and Engineering (ACE) has announced that its senior board positions will be rolling over into a new one-year term.
This means that Paul Reilly (Stantec UK Infrastructure and Buildings) remains as ACE chair, with Dave Beddell (AECOM), Craig Huntbatch (Royal HaskoningDHV) and Simon Innes (Goodson Associates) continuing as vice chairs, in 2021.
Paul Reilly, ACE chair said: “The board unanimously agreed that ACE would be best served by continuity as we move from pandemic to recovery over the coming months. Hannah Vickers and her team have been fantastic in helping members navigate the pandemic and subsequent economic fallout, whilst remaining a trusted voice to government and policymakers. It was felt that continuity at a board level would provide the best possible platform to amplify this vital work in the weeks ahead.”
A number of new board positions have been created to reflect a shift in longer-term organisational priorities for ACE and changes to the sector. Neil Humphrey (Waterman Group) joins as chair of pipeline and procurement, Lara Potter (Arcadis) joins as chair of future skills and Paul Tremble (WSP in the UK) joins as chair of future markets. It also welcomes a new chair in the north west, Sean Keyes (Sutcliffe).
Chief executive of ACE, Hannah Vickers added: “Over the last year the board and I have worked closer than ever before and I would like to take this opportunity of thanking them for their input and support through these extraordinary times.
“My team and I have recently developed a new ACE corporate plan which will be launched in the coming weeks outlining how we can best equip the sector for the post-Covid world. These new positions will ensure that we have the expertise and oversight at board level to successfully tackle major issues such as levelling-up, net zero and the future of our industry.”
Over the last year Mark Arthur (Hurley Palmer Flatt), David Barwell (AECOM), Geoff Hunt (Arup), Mark Naysmith (WSP in the UK) and Catherine Wegner (Arup) left the board and no longer hold official positions at ACE.
Paul Reilly added: "I would like to take this opportunity to thank those who have left the board for their exceptional contributions over the years. They not only strengthened ACE as an organisation but supported all our members across the UK."
ACE board 2021
- Chair 2021 – Paul Reilly, Stantec UK Infrastructure and Buildings
- Vice Chair (Membership & Business Support) – Simon Innes, Goodson Associates
- Vice Chair (Future of Consultancy) – Craig Huntbatch, Royal HaskoningDHV
- Vice Chair (Voice of Consultancy) – Dave Beddell, AECOM
- Treasurer – Rajiv Sudan, Costain
- Immediate Past Chair – Mathew Riley, Ramboll
- Chair of ACE Emerging Professionals – Georgia Hughes, Arcadis
- Chair SME Forum – Steven Hale, Crofton
- Chair International Business group – Chris Dulake, Mott MacDonald
- Chair Legal and Commercial group – Margot Day, BuroHappold
- Chair Net Zero Taskforce – Sarah Prichard, BuroHappold
- Chair Pipeline and Procurement – Neil Humphrey, Waterman Group
- Chair of Future Markets – Paul Tremble, WSP in the UK
- Chair of Future skills – Lara Potter, Arcadis
- Chair of Wales – Piers Burroughs, Burroughs
- Chair of Scotland – Stephen Munro, Allen Gordon LLP
- Chair of Northern Ireland – Paul Johnston, Arup
- Chair, ACE Midlands – Ruth Jeffs, Waterman Group
- Chair, ACE North West – Sean Keyes, Sutcliffe