The National Apprenticeship Awards 2020 are now open for entries!
Back for the 17th year, the National Apprenticeship Awards are a fantastic opportunity to highlight business and individual success in apprenticeships and are particularly poignant this year, given the challenges many employers and apprentices have faced with the pandemic.
Entries to the awards are open until 25 September 2020, and this years’ winners will be recognised at special ceremonies broadcast online. Regional ceremonies will take place between 2 and 6 November, with the national ceremony taking place on Wednesday 25 November.
There are nine categories that recognise exceptional employers, apprentices and apprenticeship champions:
Employer of the Year:
- SME Employer of the Year (for organisations with 1 to 249 employees)
- Large Employer of the Year (for organisations with 250 to 4,999 employees)
- Macro Employer of the Year (for organisations with 5,000+ employees)
- Recruitment Excellence (the winner is selected from Employer of the Year award entries, and will be awarded to an organisation that has recruited a diverse and high quality apprenticeship workforce).
Apprentice of the Year and Apprenticeship Champions:
- Intermediate Apprentice of the Year (level 2)
- Advanced Apprentice of the Year (level 3)
- Higher or Degree Apprentice of the Year (level 4 or higher)
- Rising Star of the Year* (nominated by their employer, this award recognises apprentices that have made impressive progress in their career to date, and have the potential to go even further)
- Apprenticeship Champion of the Year (recognises individuals who go ‘above and beyond’ to champion apprenticeships. The nomination is made by a colleague or contact who recognises an individual’s ‘champion’ credentials).
To find out more and enter, please visit National Apprenticeship Awards 2020.
Explore our apprenticeship advice and support at our TAC pages.