The shortlist for the 2021 FIDIC Project Awards has been announced and includes an array of 22 high-quality construction and infrastructure projects from across the globe.
Shortlisted entries in the prestigious awards, which recognise and celebrate global projects that demonstrate outstanding consulting engineering and project management services on key projects of all types and all sizes, are drawn from a range of sectors. These include major rail, road, bridge and power projects, water and energy schemes, transport, tunnelling and sports stadium design projects, to name but a few.
The shortlist for the 2021 FIDIC Project Awards, which were judged by a committee of FIDIC’s past presidents, is as follows: -
- Chengdu-Guiyang High-Speed Railway (China).
- 25 King (Australia).
- Pingtang Bridge (China).
- Beijing Daxing International Airport (China).
- Qingyuan Pumped Storage Power Station (QPSPS), Guangdong (China).
- McLoughlin Point Wastewater Treatment Plant Outfall (Canada).
- The Second Wuhu Yangtze River Bridge (China).
- New Coastal Road viaduct on Reunion Island (France).
- Mid Halton Wastewater Treatment Plant, Micro-Hydro Facility (Canada).
- Huaifang Water Reclamation Plant (China).
- Sustainable water supply to Rural Habitations in Gadag District, Karnataka State (India).
- Dali-Lijiang Expressway (China).
- Central Tibet Power Interconnection Project (China).
- Old Crow Solar Project (Canada).
- Bangalore Water Supply and Sewerage Project (II), funded by Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) (India).
- Jakarta Mass Rapid Transit System Project Phase 1 (Indonesia).
- Hoang Van Thu Bridge, part of the Technical Infrastructure Development Project for the North Cam River New Urban Area (Vietnam).
- Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge (China).
- Lanzhou Urban Rail Transit Line 1 Project (China).
- Construction of world's largest Narendra Modi cricket stadium at Motera (India).
- Ahmedabad (India) Shanghai Metro Line 11north, South Project (China).
- Wuhan Sanyang Road Yangtze River Tunnel Project (China).
Commenting on the announcement of the awards shortlist, FIDIC chief executive Dr Nelson Ogunshakin said: “Once again this year, we received a wide range of entries representing the best in consulting engineering and construction and the standard of the entries made the judges’ task a difficult one in choosing a shortlist. However, choose one they did, so all eyes will now turn to our virtual awards ceremony on 14 September 2021 when we look forward to announcing the overall winner of the Outstanding Project of the Year together with merit and excellence awards.”
Winners of the FIDIC Project Awards 2021 will be presented on Tuesday 14 September 2021 at 2pm CET as part of the annual FIDIC Global Infrastructure Conference. The awards ceremony will be taking place online and is free to attend.