North London Waste Authority (NLWA) is looking for up to three contractors to upgrade civil infrastructure worth up to £10m at Edmonton EcoPark. Contractors based in North London or nearby are particularly encouraged to bid.
The work will involve the construction and commissioning of upgrades to the civil infrastructure essential to support the successful delivery of the North London Heat and Power Project (NLHPP), which will provide a brand-new sustainable waste hub in Edmonton with flagship recycling and waste management facilities.
The works may include but are not be limited to:
- Site investigations to verify the location of services and underground obstructions;
- Alterations and enhancements to roads and pedestrian accesses to enable the EcoPark to function whilst the new NLHPP facilities are constructed and brought into service;
- Alterations and enhancements to EcoPark security infrastructure to enable NLHPP construction areas to operate within the EcoPark's overall security system;
- Temporary and permanent alterations to the EcoPark water and drainage systems to enable the construction of NLHPP facilities;
- Diversion of utilities to enable NLHPP delivery;
- Landscaping reinstatement of soft verges and footpaths around the EcoPark;
- Supply and install temporary buildings;
- Removal of any temporary structure erected during the NLHPP works.
The NLHPP is already creating hundreds of green jobs for local people and is an important part of the ongoing regeneration of Enfield, and part of Enfield Council’s plans to promote high-tech industries in Edmonton.
As part of NLWA’s commitment to boosting the local economy, the project is committed to achieving 25% local employment and 10% local expenditure. North London-based contractors with the relevant expertise and experience are encouraged to respond to the procurement and be part of this nationally significant infrastructure project.
The contract is due to be published on Monday 7 March 2022, at which point contractors can begin responding to the procurement.