WSP has been appointed through Highways England’s specialist, professional and technical services (SPaTS) framework contract on ten existing highway-related design, build, finance and operate (DBFO) projects.
Running to December 2020, WSP will provide technical support to Highways England in managing their day-to-day business for ten existing projects, collectively covering over 10% of the strategic road network in England.
The DBFO projects include:
- A1(M) Alconbury to Peterborough
- M1- A1 Lofthouse to Bramham Link Road
- A417/A419 Swindon to Gloucester
- A69 Carlisle to Newcastle
- A19/A168 Dishforth to Tyne Tunnel
- A30/A35 Exeter to Bere Regis
- A50/A564 Stoke to Derby Link
- M40 Denham to Warwick.
- A1 Darrington to Dishforth
- A249 Stockbury to Sheerness.
The scope of work being undertaken by WSP will include assessing the contractual impact of new schemes on the existing DBFO contracts, providing technical assessment of remedial works on the A19 Tees Viaduct, and the verification of traffic flows and lane closures.
John Stock, project director at WSP, said: “This is a very significant win for WSP and we are thrilled that the experience and knowledge of our highways team has been recognised by Highways England.”