International engineering federation FIDIC is bringing together the global industry to discuss the key issues it faces in challenging times by holding a special international online conference on 11 and 14 September 2020.
“Engineering a post-Covid Future – the challenges for global infrastructure” will address many of the issues currently occupying the global infrastructure sector as it grapples with the challenges of a post-Covid future. It has never been clearer that infrastructure investment will play a crucial role in the recovery of global and national economies and this conference will provide an interactive stage where leaders and experts from the industry can come together to identify and address some of the key challenges the sector currently faces while providing a meaningful forum for discussion and debate and offering perspectives for a way forward for the industry.
Spread over two days, day one of the online conference will examine Infrastructure after Covid and what that will look like, shining a light on global infrastructure perspectives and the likely developments as the world emerges from the pandemic. The first day session will also look at reframing infrastructure projects post-Covid and the vital issues around delivering a green recovery and achieving net zero.
Day two, "Navigating change and delivering infrastructure in the new normal", will explore the changed business, economic and political landscape the industry now faces and will look at how the construction and infrastructure sector can build resilience and agility to deal with future crises. Day two will also get to grips with working in the new normal and the urgent challenges around bridging the skills gap and building capacity to adapt to change.
The top line up of industry and business speakers at the two-day event includes: -
- Dr. Nelson Ogunshakin, FIDIC Chief Executive
- Greg Clark, Global Head, Future Cities & New Industries HSBC Group (United Kingdom)
- Solomon Quaynor, Vice President, Private Sector, Infrastructure & Industrialisation, African Development Bank (Ivory Coast)
- Tracey Ryan, Managing Director - New Zealand, Aurecon (New Zealand)
- Richard Robinson, Chief Executive, Atkins UK and Europe
- Ailie MacAdam, Senior Vice President & Global Operations Manager for Bechtel Infrastructure (UK)
- Enzo de Laurentiis, Chief Procurement Officer, The World Bank (USA)
- Gavin English, FIDIC Board (UK)
- Ian Gardner, Global Energy Leader, Arup (UK)
- Anne Kerr, Managing Director, Greater China Mott MacDonald Hong Kong Limited
- Karin Sluis, CEO, Witteveen+Bos (Netherlands)
- Sir Vivian Ramsey, International Judge and Arbitrator (UK)
- Nicholas Gould, Partner and Visiting Professor, Fenwick Elliott and King’s College London (UK)
- Dr Gernot Strube, Senior Partner, McKinsey & Company (Germany)
- Benoît Clocheret, Chief Executive Officer, ARTELIA (France)
- Catherine Karakatsanis, Chief Operating Officer, Morrison Hershfield Group (Canada)
- Luis Villaroya, FIDIC Board (Spain)
- Linda Bauer Darr, President and CEO, American Council of Engineering Companies (USA)
- Michael Earp, Senior Vice President and Executive Director AON (USA)
- Vincent Leloup, Chair FIDIC Contracts Committee (France)
- Charles J. Gozdziewski, Senior Advisor, Principal Emeritus, Hardesty & Hanover (USA)
The online event promises to be a packed two days of vital industry discussion and debate that will help to map out the challenges facing the global infrastructure sector and enable the sector to engineering a post-Covid future.