Images of Dr. Nelson Ogunshakin OBE and organisational logos for press use can be downloaded here.
For more information please contact James Ketchell, senior communications executive at ACE: email@example.com or 07850 374 815.
Notes to editors:
Summary of Dr Nelson Ogunshakin OBE’s achievements during his tenure as chief executive of ACE
1. Delivered a strategic turnaround repositioning ACE, while increasing turnover by 80% through membership acquisition and diversification into supplementary services.
2. Created, and successfully rolled out the ACE annual conferences, Parliamentary Receptions and the Consultancy and Engineering Awards.
3. Designed, developed and delivered the European CEO and CIO conferences with over 100 CEOs/Chairmen/CIOs in attendance. Focusing on global market dynamics, corporate strategic plans, M&A, corporate operational, and financial performance, as well as the results of the cross-industry benchmarking programme.
4. Championed and hosted the highly successful FIDIC Global Infrastructure London 2009 conference with more than 750 executives and CEOs attending from over 80 countries from around the world.
5. Successfully planned and executed ACE’s Centenary Anniversary in 2013 which included major landmark events in London and across the UK with high-level industry-wide stakeholder participation.
6. Diversification - Masterminded the acquisition and subsequent integration of the Environmental Industries Commission (EIC) into ACE. Oversaw the establishment of Victoria Street Capital Limited, the commercial arm of ACE. This included the development and roll out of industry magazine, Infrastructure Intelligence in 2013/14.
7. Co-chaired the National Infrastructure Plan Strategic Engagement Forum (NIPSEF), a stakeholder group responsible for working with HM Treasury to develop the UK’s national infrastructure plans. Also developed behavioural change project, Chartered, which measured all Government departments on delivering value for money on infrastructure and construction capital projects.
8. Dubai crisis - Played a significant role in the high-level strategic negotiations of £500 million sovereign debt management between Nakheel Group of Dubai and several UK consultancies and construction companies in the supply chain. This resulted in a syndicated high-profile bank settlement made up of 40% cash and 60% the issue of a five-year bond with 10% annual premium.
9. Advocacy - Successfully lobbied Government departments and private and public-sector clients to create a better business environment for companies operating in the UK engineering and built and natural environment sector. Achieved strong market recognition for ACE in the UK and in the international construction and engineering arena.
10. Leadership - Operated an extremely effective governance and compliance process, a successful membership forum and delivered financially viable business operations for ACE.
11. Recognition – Awarded an “Officer of The Order of British Empire (OBE)” by HRM The Queen in her Birthday honours for his contribution to the engineering and construction industry in June 2010, voted one of the top 100 Black influential business leaders in the UK and awarded an honorary doctorate of science & engineering by Aston University in 2011.
12. Non-executive appointments - Appointed in 2015 as chair of the Investment Committee of the $250 million ARM-Harith Infrastructure Investment Fund and Board member & Deputy Chairman of Programme and Investment Committee at Transport for London (TfL) with annual operating and investment budget of £10.3 billion.
Working alongside Department of International Trade to promote export and inward investment to global businesses
Please bear with us.
If an error is encountered, contact us at
firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 7222 6557