By becoming a member of ACE you are joining a strong, influential body that will give voice to your opinions and represent you in the wider business and political world and also supply you with key information, networking opportunities and a forum to share views with others in the industry.
As a member firm, you have access to privileged business and industry intelligence via ACE’s range of information services including:
• Exclusive members’ information on the ACE website
• ACE’s magazine, Impact
, published bi-monthly, keeps you up to date with the latest industry news and issues
• A free listing in the online ACE directory, the UK's most comprehensive listing of consultancy and engineering firms
• Substantial member discounts on industry contract documentation
• Business helplines staffed by a team of experts open exclusively to ACE members
• Industry updates and guidance notes on key issues and legislation affecting members’ business
• Market-leading professional indemnity insurance, available to members at a special rate
• Guidance and information on employment law and health and safety issues
Networking and events
ACE organises and facilitates a range of events that provide the ideal opportunity for members to gather relevant facts about the industry, discuss business issues with their counterparts and learn from leading figures in the consultancy and engineering world.
Events and initiatives include:
• Special interest groups that establish opinion and policy on legal, environmental, transport, procurement and best practice issues
• Regional groups across the UK provide local members with a networking point and ensure regional best practice and sharing of
Lobbying and representation
ACE provides insight, research and lobbying on a range of issues. The promotion of ACE’s members’ significant contribution to developing the nation’s infrastructure forms part of an ongoing dialogue with government, major clients, the media and other key stakeholders.
ACE plays a proactive role in influencing policy and decisions, lobbying for positive change at every level - local, national and international - and is represented on all key industry bodies and panels, including the European Federation of Engineering Consultancy Associations (EFCA) and the International Federation of Consulting Engineers (FIDIC).
ACE has a powerful and proactive communications, media and public relations strategy to engage with key audiences. ACE actively encourages comment, responds with opinion and develops relationships and platforms to communicate members’ interests and concerns.
Other areas in which ACE plays a key role in representing its membership include:
• The ‘Find a Consultancy’ service, which forwards hundreds of potential work leads to members every year
• Active marketing of members to key clients and local authorities
• International market information and briefing meetings with overseas trade officials
• Promoting the excellence of consultancy and engineering through annual awards programmes