ACE International Business Group
Many of ACE's member firms work internationally, underlining the significant reputation of UK consultancy and engineering firms for providing world-class consultancy services to clients across the globe. In order to keep abreast of international issues and to assist members working overseas, ACE has formed an International Business Group (IBG).
This group, which is responsible for the development of ACE's international strategy and initiatives, meets at least four times a year and is chaired by Gavin English of IMC Worldwide.
IBG 2013 Meeting Dates
|Thursday 7 March
|Thursday 6 June
|Thursday 26 September
|Thursday 5 December
The group's main objectives are:
1. To review, update and communicate ACE’s international agenda to the relevant stakeholder groups both in the UK and abroad.
2. To promote the professional services, capabilities and expertise of ACE members to relevant entities in the UK and abroad.
3. To maximise opportunities for ACE members internationally.
4. To provide relevant and up to date advice, information and guidance on opportunities, potential partners, issues and challenges in selected international markets.
5. To develop and implement a cohesive business related programme of activities and events for the benefit of ACE members in selected international markets, to assist their successful entry and growth in these markets.
6. To provide strategic direction for an international help desk within ACE operations.
7. To develop with ACE Middle East Group a successful ACE GCC conference in Abu Dhabi/Dubai/GCC etc
8. To engage and represent ACE with key international associations such as FIDIC etc.
9. To facilitate dialogue with UKTI, World Bank, EBRD, AfDB, ADB, EU and key stakeholders within the Global market.
10. To develop and implement a proactive strategy for ACE working with other strategic partners or UK based organisations including British Expertise (BE), in areas of strategic collaboration to benefit ACE members.