ACE Centenary Engineering Excellence Awards
ACE’s Engineering Excellence Awards have become a major event in the industry’s calendar each year. ACE has now been recognising the achievements of industry for more than 25 years, with the modern form of its Awards programme launching in 2008.
These awards were created to provide consultancy and engineering firms with an opportunity to showcase the best of their work and grow both their and the industries profile.
In 2012 the strength of entries continued to impress even as the sector itself deals with the economic downturn and government efforts to reduce its budget deficit.
Coverage of the awards and the winners extended across around a dozen pages in Construction News, including the front cover of the 9 June edition.
The award categories for the ACE Centenary Engineering Excellence Awards 2013 are:
• Building Structures - Small Firm (fewer than 100 staff)
• Building Structures - Medium Firm (between 100 and 750 staff)
• Building Structures - Large Firm (more than 750 staff)
Projects entered for this category could include education, health, leisure/entertainment, regeneration, commercial, defence, housing, prisons, offices, retail, tall buildings and towers, public art, heritage and other building structures.
• Building Services - Small Firm (fewer than 100 staff)
• Building Services - Medium Firm (between 100 and 750 staff)
• Building Services - Large Firm (more than 750 staff)
Projects entered for this category could include building services work in education, health, leisure/entertainment, regeneration, commercial, defence, housing, prisons, offices, retail, bridges, tall buildings and towers, public art, low carbon technology, climate change adaptation, energy efficiency, heritage.
• Infrastructure - Small Firm (fewer than 100 staff)
• Infrastructure - Medium Firm (between 100 and 750 staff)
• Infrastructure - Large Firm (more than 750 staff)
Projects entered for this category could include highways, railroads, bridges, airports, marine/ports, public transit, freight, intermodal facilities, water supply & distribution, wastewater treatment, industrial waste, surface water management, coastal defence, flood control, dams, energy.
• Research, Studies and Consulting
This category includes non-design services including, but not limited to: New products, materials and technologies, feasibility, basic research and studies, computer/software technology, technical papers, sustainable engineering solutions.
• Engineering Ambassador Award
This is a special award to reward and celebrate an individual who has made a significant contribution to raising the profile of consultancy and engineering. We are looking for someone who demonstrates significant achievement and who has played a leading role in promoting consultancy and engineering to a wide audience.
As a partner/sponsor of the engineering excellence awards you can expect to benefit from:
• Your company being promoted on printed collateral
• Your company logo on material such as menus provided at the event
• Promotion on ACE website with over 70,000 visits annually.
• Providing content and comment about your expertise and products through ACE’s Impact magazine both online and in hardcopy in the lead up to the event
• Attendance at the engineering excellence awards for networking with CEOs from companies. (five delegates for single award sponsorship, ten delegates (one table) for three awards.
• The opportunity to present the awards sponsored by your company
• Feature in ACE post event communications
ACE will also discuss prospects for exclusive sponsorship of the entire event.